We understand that there are many things that can happen as you or your loved ones age. A broken hip, a fall in the house, or the onset of Alzheimer’s or Parkinson’s can signal a time of great change for your household. But that change does not necessarily mean that you or your loved one must move to a care facility – you may just need a little extra help around the house.
Graceworks at Home is connected to Bethany Village, a complete retirement system, so we fully understand the needs of seniors. We work with you every step of the way. After you contact Graceworks at Home, a social worker will visit your home, go over a complete assessment of your needs, and develop a plan based on that assessment. The assessment is an overview of the individual requiring assistance, their current situation, potential or identified needs, gaps in services, and current and future needs.
Specifically, we assess the following:
- Medical – diagnosis, medical history, medications, sensory impairments, ambulation, assistive devices
- Nutrition – level of independence or need for assistance with meal preparation, shopping, special diet, food allergy
- Activities of Daily Living – level of independence with bathing, grooming, dressing, etc.
- Social/Emotional – family and friend involvement, participation in hobbies, activities of interest, religious observations or activities, outings, pets
- Transportation –issues associated with driving/not driving
- Environment – cleaning, laundry, other household chores and errands, home maintenance
- Safety/Security – review of basic home safety (i.e., stairs, emergency response system, grab bars, home repairs, smoke detectors)
- Financial management – who pays the bills, designation of power of attorney, living will, risk for scam/identity theft
For more information contact us at 937-436-7700 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.